i-manager of India has announced the December 2009 issue of the Journal of Educational Technology will focus on Ethics, Learning Design, and Consequences of IT in Educational Technology. Topics include:
- Education and Development
- Design Theory and Research
- Organization Theory
- Strategy and IS
- Human Behavior and IT
- Human Computer Interaction
- Alternative Systems Development
- Global Information Systems Management
- Extreme Innovation
- Learning Design for Innovative Pedagogies
- Transforming Student Learning with Learning Design
- Learning Design
- Design for Learning and Other Theoretical Approaches
- Using Learning Design for Strategic Change in Education
- Teacher Educators and Learning Design
Contributions are invited. Contact the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the full call for papers.
A report has been posted on the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) HWID 2009 Working Conference on Usability in Social, Cultural and Organizational Contexts held on October 7-8, 2009, Pune, India.
The theme of Cultural Usability and Human Work Interaction Design was very timely and relevant for India, given the increasing investment by the government in e-governance, e-learning, e-health and applications of information systems to empower the rural and agricultural population of India. Cultural usability is also highly relevant to the work of information technology in India in providing solutions for customers world wide.