The STC office has posted all of the professionally produced photographs of the 2010 Summit. You can view them here:
If you use the photos in an STC community publication, no credit is necessary. However, if you circulate them to outside media (such as a photo of a Fellow to a local newspaper), include the credit “Society for Technical Communication” with the photo.
Special congratulations to the France Chapter, the TransAlpine Chapter, the Euro Chapter, and the Toronto Chapter (all close to ITC’s mission!) on their Pacesetter Awards! Other Pacesetter Awards were given to the Houston Chapter and the Technical Editing SIG.
Sunday, May 2, 2010: Welcome Reception
Monday, May 3, 2010: ITC Business Meeting
- ITC’s Annual Business Meeting will be held at lunchtime (12-1:30pm local time) in the Cumberland “E” room. Cumberland rooms are located on the lower level, near the exhibit hall. Bryan-Beeman room is located on the Atrium level, behind the elevators. Shawnee Trail #362 is located on the third floor, overlooking the Atrium. All of the floors are accessible from the main elevators.
- If you would like to attend, please reserve a seat by emailing the ITC Manager, Traci Nathans-Kelly, at firstname.lastname@example.org . We have ordered food for ten people, and those seats will be given to those who contact Traci first. Those with confirmed reservations with Nathans-Kelly will be served a lunch (no charge). Menu is as follows: Chilled Serrano Roasted Chicken Breast and Three Texas Gulf Shrimp over mesclun greens and wild rice salad. Exotic fruit and tomato salsa and Dallas’ own goat cheese coin. Dessert is Triple Gooey Chocolate Cake with champagne peach sauce. Coffee, decaf, tea.
Download a PDF of these announcements and a listing of ITC-related sessions here:International Technical Communication STC 2010 Summit Activities
Monday: Community Reception, 7:30pm
- ITC will have a table at this reception. Please stop by!
- ITC will hold a drawing at the end of this event to give away several ITC-related books. To have a chance at the books, please stop by the table and put your business card in the bowl.
- ITC will have a table with buttons available. Please contact Traci Nathans-Kelly if you will be attending the conference and would like to have a button reserved for you. We have 75 available. Any buttons not reserved will be given away at this event.
Tuesday, 4 May; 7:00 AM, ITC SIG Networking Breakfast
This event requires a ticket to be purchased in advance. Tickets may be purchased onsite by noon the day before the breakfast. The cost of each breakfast is $30.50. All the breakfasts will be held in Marsalis B. This room is next to the exhibit hall and will be divided into sections. There will be signs outside each section with the names of the SIGs that will be seated in that section.
ITC SIG News